Friday, April 23, 2010

RIP Malcolm McLaren

A little late on the memorial post but I was in Thailand when the legend passed and had no idea until today. I wouldn't describe myself as punk-rock but I sure love the Sex Pistols and have immense respect for Malcolm McLaren, who single-handedly, alongside Vivienne Westwood, paved the style, sound, genre of what we call punk today.
The shirt I'm wearing below is an original 1976 Malcolm McLaren Vivienne Westwood Seditionaries "Personal Collection" tee.   Eric, being the rare t-shirt monger, bought this from a private seller for an undisclosed amount.   It features Mickey pummeling Minnie...well worth any dollar amount if you ask me.
ripped jeans-just usa
boots-yesstyle
armour ring-Vivienne Westwood
♥alexander wang leopard diego bag (from OAKnyc)♥
birthday gift to myself from my CapitalOne credit card
(that I do not plan on paying off....ever)

As for the other shirt...I won't say too much about.  It is an ORIGINAL Malcolm McLaren/Vivienne Westwood that I am posting for reason no more than to showcase tribute to Malcolm McLaren and his life's work.  I am not a  racist. I do not wear this shirt.  DO NOT freak out please.

R.I.P. Malcolm McLaren

27 comments:

  1. wooooooow! amazing tees!
    they're like treasures!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW bag and boots.

    www.desordrestore.blogspot.com
    www.desordrestore.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful post.
    thank you for this!

    + amazing outfit, as usual!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! lucky you getting to wear them girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing

    editskiba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing outfit. I want that bag so badly its not even funny!! <3

    skiepies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. that bag is beautiful!

    xo Nikki Ashley

    http://ihnikkiahsley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. your tee's are immensely amazing!
    I love the Wang bag, the boots and I'm lusting over the slashed jeans,seriously great outfit.

    Theory of a fashion victim
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally in love with this bag! and ring<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. u look great. i love ur style!amazing t-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't think i would ever take that shirt off. mickey doing minnie? yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will never look at mickey and minnie the same. lol.
    RIP McLaren indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible post!!! I am a huge fan of everything punk... and love this ode to punk rock style! that tee is incredible!

    Carissa
    http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so gorgeous in that look! I love your leopard blog!


    & RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice chill outfit!

    VC

    Visit & Join
    WWW.DONLIKEFASHION.TK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool look and cool blog!!
    YOu have style!!!
    I will come back for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. amaaaazing as always! ahghhhh the BAG! I die. and I love the tops too. RIP. yes indeeedy :(

    xxx love bel

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME TEE!!! LOVE THE BOOTS AND BAG........SO FREAKIN CUTE! AS YOU ALWAYS LOOK. I EPESIALLY ENJOYED YOUR COACHELLA POST. SO JEALOUS THAT I COULDNT GO. DID YOU GET TO SEE JULIAN CASABLANCAS? HE WAS MY SOLE REASON FOR WANTING TO COME. BUT ALAS, IM A BROKE BITCH WHO LIVES WAAY TOO FAR(PHILADELPHIA)TO BE BROKE. I LOVE THE PHOTO OF YOU IN ALL YOUR STYLISH GLORY, STANDING IN COMPARISON TO THE GROUP OF GIRLS BEHIND YOU WEARING THEIR MATCH EACH OTHER SKIRTS. YOUR GOWN/CAPE IS GORGEOUS! EVEN MORE GORGEOUS HOW YOU WORE IT. LOVE YOU ALWAYS......


    ANGIE XOXO
    MINTVINTAGEJUNK.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing shirt! love the outfit..

    xx
    cayliek.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That t-shirt just got me way too excited.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your style is overly COOL!!

    FASHION FREAK XO

    diaryofalondonfashionfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohmyyygoood LOVELOVE and erm LOVE everything about this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've always wanted to westwood stuff. Thanks for posting! First time visiting your blog, and already love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love those boots! Do you remember which style the are? I've found two similar...

    http://www.yesstyle.com/en/kenzi-lace-up-belted-ankle-boots/info.html/pid.1022416292

    http://www.yesstyle.com/en/youareagirl-lace-up-ankle-boots/info.html/pid.1022249006

    thanks!

    www.thefashionloft.blog.com

    ReplyDelete